Thursday, August 6, 2015

Does Anybody Know Wendell Teets!?

I've spent the bulk of the summer cleaning BBQ equipment and slinging pork to great people. I've watched A LOT of mid-late 80's NFL football and have managed to read a lot of interesting articles on and offline about (yes) football, local history, cooking.... it's a long list this year.

You can never tell what you're going to find. 

You never know where you might end up when you open the pages of a book:

Abe Books

I generally will pick up a copy of any pigskin related Ronald Press book due to the fact that they just FEEL so damn substantial. These books have thick paper and strong spines... As it were, I received a 2nd Edition copy of Ronald Press' Football Techniques illustrated in the mail the other day and what I found inside was a neatly folded copy of the original shipping slip from 1968:

Is the THE Wendell Teets!?

Who is Wendell Teets? Whoever he was, he placed a nice order:
McKay, Nelson and Belichick headlined 3 of the five books shipped and delivered.

A brief online search yielded one DOCTOR Wendell Teets, former(?) Superintendent of Schools somewhere in Maryland.... Is this the same Mr. Teets?

Let me know! I'd love to give him his book back!

Is the THE Wendell Teets!?


No comments:

Post a Comment